Friday, August 6, 2010

Food You Can Wear

Well, it's no secret that I LOVE food. My family is known for planing the next meal while still eating. I recently found a way to indulge without all the calories. Q-Pot! This Japanese brand was founded in 2000. The designer, ex-fashion model, Tadaaki Wakamatsu, created his designs to make the world a more cheerful place. His aim was to create something fun that would make people smile and open up communication between people. His goal has been accomplished.
Somehow, even though I was surrounded by his designs in Japan I didn't buy anything. But when I came across the first US store. I HAD to. Outside the Ala Moana store, I was ready to purchase some delicious looking macaroons. Once I had entered, I realized I came across something much better. FOOD JEWELRY!
The store was full of Wakamatsu's latest creations: macaroons, dripping honey, caviar, hamburgers, ice cream, teeth, and slices of fruit. My favorites were the hamburgers and ice cream.
After walking around the 3 story mall with these delights on my mind, I knew I had to get something. I went back and tried on both the hamburger necklace, ring and the ice cream necklace. The hamburgers were super cute, but didn't lay well once you got them on. It was a little hard to tell what they were.
Finally, I settled upon the necklace below (worn by yours truly). I love it!!! These creations are not cheap but they will sure set you a part from the crowd. I can't wait to see what more Q-Pot comes up with! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment