Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jen's Pirate Booty Review

As most of you know, my blog is just my shopping list. I like to write about stuff that everyone can wear, that's easy and has something a bit different about it. I just recently purchased a few Jen's Pirate Booty tops/dress, so I thought I would give you an update.
I got this one above, the Poncho Villa, in lilac. I love it! The bottom half is very sheer and you definitely need to wear a slip at the very least (more likely a pair of short, tube dress and leggings). I really love the color too. This one is definitely my favorite of the two. The cut of this one is much more flattering. Very cute!
This one is the one I loved going in to it. I'm a sucker for off the shoulder styles. I like the bright yellow color, but the cut of this one is not so flattering. This one seems much wider and looks best when belted. The off the should part has thin elastic in it so you could wear it with a higher neckline if you wanted. Again, very sheer and it is necessary to wear something under it unless you're going to the beach/pool.

I like the light weight of these dressed and their versatility. But I am not such a fan of the fabric. This fabric is a blessing and curse. The fabric definitely gives these tops their "look" but it is a loosely woven fabric so it catches on ANYTHING. I would warn you against wearing any jewelry with these tops. Now, I can't wait to go to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment