Friday, May 7, 2010

The 5 Fs loves....Kettlebells



Have you ever heard of kettlebells?
Up until a few months ago, I had never heard of kettlebells. Trying to find something fun and new for Dave (my boyfriend) and I to do, I came across an ad on Yelp. Average toElite Kettlebells (aka Jordan Vezina) was offer 2 free weeks of classes. Again, as all of you know
I'm a sucker for anything free. And thus began my love for kettlebells.
A kettlebell is a cast iron weight looking somewhat like a cannonball with a handle. Unlike traditional dumbbells, the kettlebell's center of mass is extended beyond the hand. This allows for swing movements not possible with traditional dumbbells. Because more muscle groups are utilized in the swinging and movement of a kettlebell than during the lifting of dumbbells, a kettlebell workout is said to be more effective, and yields better results in less time.
We haven't been going to classes for that long or even consistently going for that long, but I can definitely see results. Thanks to Jordan, I am on my way to ripping head off of bad guys. I'm so excited to see muscle tone again and truly feel strong. Jordan is a great trainer. He is a nice, easy going guy....but once you take one of his classes, you know he's a bit of a sadist. Opening door handles at work has never been so hard. Jordan is reliable, friendly, reasonable, and always delivers as promised (ie emailing information, etc)....and best of all a great trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment