Monday, May 17, 2010

Nail for Working Ladies

Well, awhile back I had posted about OPI Axxium Soak Off Gel "nail polish". So, this weekend I went and tried them out. Verdict: I am very happy :) I am still not sure about their "soakoffability" but so far so good. They are very similar to acrylics but you can do it on your natural nails (ie your nails will not be any longer than regular). Once your nail grow out, they fill them nearest to your cuticle. There are about 7 colors to choose from (one of the downsides). The colors come out kind of sheer (not as strong a color as normal nail polish) but I am still happy with the result. The best thing about them? NO chipping! When I get a manicure, I normally end up chipping it or messing it up before I make it to the car.....then it only lasts a few days because I inevitably hit them on something or ruin them washing dishes and such at work. These bad boys aren't going anywhere. If you're someone who likes to change your polish color often, these might not be for you. But if you're looking for polish that will stay and will look good for more than a few days, give OPI Axxium Soak Off Gels a try. (I would recommend calling around first because very few salons are doing this). A new set will run you around $40. If you try em, let me know what you think (and what salon you went to) :)

2 comments:

  1. So far they still look great! No chips and they still look pretty good (not a lot of space between my cuticals and the gels). Looks as good as the first day I got em. Will probably get them filled in a few weeks.....still unsure about their actual "soakoffability". A+ in m book :) If Annie is home when you pick up mom and dad today ask to see hers. She has the same ones as me.

    ReplyDelete